February 1, 2007
Crunch

Crunch
Originally uploaded by Little Miss Magic.
I know not every post needs a picture, but this just wouldn't work without it.

I left work early today to take one of the bunnies to the vet. I drove home, packed Hazel up, put him in the car, drove all the way to the vet, got out of the car to take him, and discovered that someone has apparently bashed in the rear quarter panel on the passenger side of my car. I AM LIVID.

Normally this would only infuriate me a little bit. Yes, some asshat hit my car and then drove away without leaving any contact information. But what really has my knickers twisted is the fact that the very same thing happened to me almost exactly one year ago. Someone backed into my parked car a year ago, on the completely opposite side (front driver side). And I JUST had it repaired in December! Just got it back from the repair shop! If it weren't for bad luck, I don't think I'd have any luck.

The Spectra has been a problem from the beginning. I had never bought a car by myself before, but I needed a reasonably-priced replacement for my Oldsmobile Alero. I loved the Alero, and never had so much as a scratch -- probably because it was leased (or as my brother likes to say, just a rental). The list of indignities goes something like this:

  • The very same night I bought the car a ginormous rock popped up out of nowhere, thrown up by a passing vehicle, and left an equally ginormous ding, which I've never had repaired.

  • The following Monday, I backed into someone pulling out of a parking space -- neither car was really damaged, just a scrape on my bumper that I've never bothered to fix.

  • The car was swallowed by a giant pothole in January 2005, the day before my birthday. The factory rim was so badly bent that it ruined the tire, so I pulled over and called my 24/7 roadside assistance. The tow truck driver tried to jack the car up using the wrong kind of jack, causing damage to the rocker panel on the passenger side. Again, I've never had it fixed.

  • So... now I just want to be done with it. I wasn't planning to replace this car for a couple more years, but now... we'll see.

    At least the bunny got a (mostly) clean bill of health.

    Labels: ,



    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    footer