July 28, 2006
How old do I look??
Apparently, there's some misconception about my age in the general community. More and more frequently I'm noticing that people -- mostly of the older, female persuasion -- seem determined to infantilize me. I don't mind being carded, even by waitresses or bartenders younger than me, but being called "darlin'", "little girl", "sweetheart", or "baby girl" by the cashier at McDonald's or the over-40's waitress at Ruby Tuesday's is a bit much. Do I look that young? You, internet, you be the judge:

1996

Olliefriends

2006

Justme_20060728

Do I really look any older than I did at 20? My grandmother always had a young face, as does my mother, and both have told me that one day I'll be glad. For now, I just wish people would treat me with respect, regardless of my age. R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer