June 16, 2006
Rabbits at Play
Every Tuesday I go to a local Petco store to "exercise" whatever bunnies Indiana HRS has housed in the store. It's a little downtime for me -- I get to sit and read a book while the bunnies play in puppy exercise pens -- but it also serves as some time to edu-macate the public about life with house rabbits.

This week I took an extra shift at the store to give some of our harder-working volunteers a little break. Grover, featured in the video below, was just returned to foster care after only a month in his "forever" home. I don't know the details of his resurrender, but I imagine they just weren't prepared for his brand of craziness. I've known some wild bunnies in my time -- try living with 10 baby bunnies going through puberty at the same time! -- but he plays HARD. He tosses his toys, digs at the floor covering, takes the Nestea Plunge onto his side, kicks his legs high in the air, and has been known to leap over the top of a 36" tall pet pen. Anyway, the video below (though not the best quality) shows just an example of what 15 seconds with Grover is like...



Crazy Rabbit.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer